By Herbert M. Green
The Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB) isn’t for everyone. You either love it or think it’s ‘meh’. There is no in between. One thing you will never do, however, is hate it. For that, the Magic Flight Launch Box is just too simple, too intuitive, and, most of all, one of the best flavor experience you will ever have with a portable vaporizer. You either learn to make full use of it, or you leave it be. That is the beauty and purity of it. However, that is also its greatest downfall.
Magic flight Launch Box Kit includes:
– One wooden Launch Box (Handcrafted with love in San Diego, CA, USA)
– (2) Rechargeable NiMH batteries with protective caps
– Battery charger
– Felt-lined decorative tin
– Glass draw stem
– Cleaning brush
– Flight Guide
– Lifetime Functional Warranty (click here for details)
(International customers will receive a plug adapter suitable for use in their own country with each Launch Box Kit).
Yes, you can! If you take the time
For all its simplicity, Magic Flight Launch Box has a steep learning curve. This cannot be stressed enough. Before you can enjoy the MFLB to its full extent, you really need to learn how to use it properly and that takes time. It’s not rocket science but there is a certain trick to it.
Uses your senses, little grasshopper
First off, it doesn’t have a display. None whatsoever. Just an acrylic screen to keep your herb in place and the vapor contained, that’s it.
To control the MFLB’s temperature (and ultimately, what your vaping experience with the MFLB will be) you have to eyeball it, you have to use your senses. You’ll have to use the tip of your tongue, to test the vapor by taste and to control the airflow. That’s the trick. You control it by using your intuition and slight pauses with your inhale. By adhering to a few simple rules, a lot of patience, and some trial and error, you too will learn how to get the most out of the Magic Flight Launch Box.
Are you that special someone?
It’s because of this learning curve that the MFLB isn’t for everyone. If you are the kind of person who’d rather have full and precise control over temperature while vaping by selecting minute settings on a digital display? Then the MFLB isn’t for you. If you are the kind of person who doesn’t want to spend one or two days getting to grips with the finer points of vaping with the MFLB? Then it’s not for you. If you are, however, a person who can appreciate a vaporizer that gets you high in record time, is highly economical, very compact, produces top-notch flavor and comes with a lifetime functional warranty to boot, then the MFLB is your thing.
But is it any good?
Yes! It’s great! If you are still interested after reading the above-mentioned negatives it is an absolutely fantastic vaporizer. Here’s why:
- It gets you high fast; once you loaded up the bowl (which takes as long as grinding up your herb) you only have to push the battery in and you’ll have your first hit in two to five seconds.
- It’s very economical. Depending on your eye for detail and level of skill, you can turn every little green flake brown by stirring the herb in the bowl between hits. If you do it right, one bowl can last you 5 to 7 hits.
- It’s compact. If you take off the glass draw stem, you can easy fit everything you need to vape in almost any pocket. Most other quality vaporizers take up all the space in any given pocket or even stick out a bit.
- Great flavor production. Because the herb and your mouth are in close proximity and the fact that you control the amount of vapor with the amount of air you draw in, none of the terpenes and cannabinoids have a chance to escape or linger too long in the heating chamber before you inhale. Giving you the best flavor possible.
- It is very affordable; compared to most vaporizers in the same quality range, which starts at the 190,- euro benchmark and goes all the way up to 380,- euro, the MFLB has a very friendly price of 109,- euro.
- Lifetime warranty; you get a replacement Launch Box when it breaks, for whatever reason, for free! For life!
Besides all that, Magic flight is one of those companies that have a heart. Heart for their product, a love for vaping and most of all, faith in humanity. Evident by the message inscribed on every MFLB they make.
Final thoughts on the Magic Flight Launch Box
Yes, the elephant in the room is most assuredly the steep learning curve that comes with this vaporizer and that will be reflected in the end score. Besides that, the battery life of the NiMH batteries is quite short. One battery usually lasts for one bowl (4-5 draws). If I really want to nit-pick, I might mention that the glass draw stem can get a bit dirty after a couple of bowls but I won’t, because it really is nit-picking for nit-picking’s sake.